Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hello Burrito

Recommended by Lehigh's newspaper the Brown and White, Hello Burrito is a new burrito and quesadilla restaurant on the North side. Using extremely fresh ingredients and interesting combinations, this restaurant gives Bethlehem a new type of place. The modern/trendy spot has delicious burritos, from the highly recommended Southwest burrito to a mango burrito. I went for the Southwest burrito which included homemade salsa, melted cheese, beans, rice, and homemade southwest ranch dressing. Different from my usual Chipotle burrito, this burrito was homemade, using local products and making everything from scratch. Hello Burrito also has a boutiquey fountain soda machine adding to the unique atmosphere in Bethlehem.
Southwest Burrito
As I was eating at Hello Burrito, I realized I really don't have a place to compare it to in New York City. Having recently discovered the burrito, I've only experienced Chipotle and Illegal Pete's (in Denver, known to be one of the best out there). What Illegal Pete's does better than Chipotle is that they mix what they place in the burrito, giving you a taste of everything with each bite. Although I usually don't like chains, Chipotle does a good job at satisfying that craving for a hearty meal, stuffed with not-as-fresh ingredients. 
Boutiquey Soda

Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla


So, I have to say, Hello Burrito definitely wins with its fresh ingredients, modern look, and creative flavors and combinations.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely review and we're so glad you enjoyed your Hello Burrito experience! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete