I'm back in New York for Thanksgiving and so happy to be here. I definitely needed a break from school for a little family time. I ate Thai food at Land on Tuesday--that's probably been my only exciting meal EXCEPT for Chef Bobo!
Chef Bobo was the chef at my high school, Calhoun. Him and the other chefs would cook sophisticated meals that appealed to really all ages. He's gotten kids to love brussels sprouts, ask for extra asparagus, and wonder when the next time we'll have salmon. For the alumni lunch, Bobo made goat cheese and beet sandwich on ciabatta, a real favorite. They also made tomato basil soup which was perfect for the cold day and to top it all off, chocolate chip pudding bread. It was really nice going back to school, especially to enjoy the food I was a huge fan of for four years. Check out Chef Bobo's blog!
And now for my Thanksgiving plans, we do two days of it. Grandma's tonight in New York, getting it catered, not the best. Then on Saturday, I am going up to Massachusetts for a real authentic Thanksgiving (minus the turkey, we do a grilled salmon instead to accommodate those vegetarians).
I'm also baking a chocolate chip banana bread while watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Nothing like the holidays in New York.

No comments:
Post a Comment