I really think Bethlehem has an excessive amount of brunch spots. It makes it especially difficult when my parents come... where to take them to squeeze out a free meal? SO many options.
The fam has been to
Billy's Diner a few times and really enjoyed it. Usually about a 20 minute wait, but totally worth it. Billy is at the entrance ready to greet you and then the food comes pretty quickly. I've had my share of omelets there which are great, incorporating a lot of different ingredients. But personally, one of the best breakfasts I've ever had was the French toast at Billy's, topped with granola and fresh strawberries. The combination of hard granola pieces and gooey French toast was delicious. I like my french toast fluffy, and Billy's did that.
 |
| French toast! |
Now my NY comparison is a little different.
Popovers on the Upper West Side has been an all time favorite for as long as I can remember. It's different from Billy's since it is famous for the popovers (warm, puffed, buttery, doughy-ness). The huge popover comes along with your breakfast dish, accompanied by really great flavored butters. And they have Challah French toast which I am a sucker for. The thick cut bread has a thin layer of an eggy coating and maple syrup dripping off. The food at Popovers is really great and you get a homey feeling since there are stuffed animals in every window. Although the popover is pure butter, you'll definitely leave satisfied.
No comments:
Post a Comment